You love your headphones but hate your microphone; its signal is either too quiet or too noisy.
You need a boom microphone but don’t want the headphones that come with it….
The ModMic originated from this dilemma. We created the attachable / detachable boom microphone clasp and source only the best components for the job. Like many of our customers, we like gaming, Hi-Fi audio, and a boom microphone that doesn’t get in our way. We take pride in minimal yet function-centered design.
The Uni-directional capsule offers better noise-cancelling but does not have as much sensitivity or frequency response as the Omni-directional.
If you're going to be using your mic in a noisy environment, go with the Uni-directional.
ModMic (version 4.0)
- One ModMic (with mute button)
- Two base clasps, one top clasp with cap
- One extra 3M pad for re-attachment of base clasp.
- One foam pop filter
- Alcohol wipe
- Carrying case
- Jack: 3.5mm plated TRS for use with PCs (can work on powered Mac/Xbox headset jacks with proper adapter-- we're still working on final results for Xbox One (no solid solution yet) and PS4 (works but sounds strange) via CTIA jack)
- Cable: 3.3 meters length, 2.5 mm diameter, coaxial shielding, mute button ~150mm from end of boom (about shirt pocket height)
- Boom: 175mm max length, very bendable with internal steel spine
- Clasp: 12.7mm (0.5 inch) diameter circle adhesive pad footprint, ~17.5mm total height of attached clasp assembly.
Microphone capsule specs:
- Pattern: Uni-directional
- Sensitivity: -38 ± 3 dB
- Response: 100 Hz–10 kHz
- SNR: >50+ dB
- Impedance: 2.2 KΩ
- Operating Voltage: 1 to 10V
- Max current at 2.0V: 500 µA
- Max input SPL: 110 dB
Please note: the headset does NOT come with the ModMic