You love your headphones but hate your microphone; its signal is either too quiet or too noisy.
You need a boom microphone but don’t want the headphones that come with it….
The ModMic originated from this dilemma. We created the attachable / detachable boom microphone clasp and source only the best components for the job. Like many of our customers, we like gaming, Hi-Fi audio, and a boom microphone that doesn’t get in our way. We take pride in minimal yet function-centered design.
The Omni-directional capsule offers better frequency response and sensitivity than the Uni-directional capsule but does not offer as much noise-cancelling.
Generally, if you don't need noise suppression/cancelling, go with the Omni-directional.
- One ModMic (with mute button)
- Two base clasps, one top clasp with cap
- One extra 3M pad for re-attachment of base clasp.
- One foam pop filter
- Alcohol wipe
- Carrying case
- Jack: 3.5mm plated TRS for use with PCs
- Xbox One: works fine through controller via a CTIA/TRRS adapter. Will need latest firmware update! (as of 5/22/15)
- Play Station 4: works fine through controller via a CTIA/TRRS adapter. Sounds strange at times if used through mixamp.
- Mac/PS3/Xbox 360 headset jacks with proper adapter (Macs will need a USB adapter)
- Cable: 3.3 meters length, 2.5 mm diameter, coaxial shielding, mute button ~150mm from end of boom (about shirt pocket height)
- Boom: 175mm max length, very bendable with internal steel spine
- Clasp: 12.7mm (0.5 inch) diameter circle adhesive pad footprint, ~17.5mm total height of attached clasp assembly.
Microphone capsule specs:
Please note: the headset does NOT come with the ModMic